Raimundo Pedrosa is the Xiaolin Dragon of the Wind, having originally joined the Temple from a circus in Brazil. After three years of working with the monks in defending the world from evil, he was promoted to the rank of Shoku Warrior, resulting in him gaining full leadership of the team; which was only possible because Kimiko had refused the position beforehand. His signature Wu is the Sword of the Storm and his Wudai weapon is the Blade of the Nebula.
Since he is from Brazil, he has a dark complextion and speaks in slight Spanish accent. He has dark brown shaggy-spiked hair that touches his shoulders. He has emerald green eyes and always wears his golden medallion that his eldest sister gave him. He usually wears dark baggy blue jeans with a black wifebeater over a white hoodie along with red and black sneakers. His left ear has five piercings and his right ear has three. He stands at 6'8 and weights 265 pounds.
PersonalityHe is laid-back, wild, carefree, rebellious, much like his element. However, he is also a bit lazy at times. He had once stated that he did not like defeat. Although he was a little self-centered, he would do anything to prevent his friends from getting hurt. He did not always get along with Omi, because Omi liked to claim that he was superior to him. He is also street smart and enjoyed surfing and soccer. After losing the Sword of the Storm to Tubbimura due to lack of knowledge, he had started researching thoroughly, and managed to find two pieces of information that even Omi did not know: the Shen Yi Bu Dare, and the ability to combine Shen Gong Wu, which he had used to defeat Tubbimura. He also displayed surprising knowledge of chess tactics. He also was wise enough to use the Crystal Glasses in order to find Omi when he ran away. Because of Kimiko's disabilities he had believed that she didn't belong at the temple and was a heavy burden to look after. Later on he begins to realize how valuable she is to the team and finally accepts, albeit reluctently. He is shown to look out and watch out for her if danger is present or near by, which she doesn't know about.
BackgroundHe had grown up in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. His birthplace is Tubarão, a smaller town in Santa Catarina, Brazil. When he had left for the Xiaolin Temple, he was leaving a rather large family behind. Though they were never shown, he had also mentioned his many relatives saying that he has eight brothers and sisters. Raimundo and Omi were the only monks whose family members never showed themselves. Master Fung had selected him to come train at the Xiaolin Temple and became the Dragon of the Wind. The Shen Gong Wu he used most often outside showdowns was the Sword of the Storm until he got his Wudai Weapon, the Blade of the Nebula. Along with the other warriors, he goes on a quest to find the mystical power objects known as the Shen Gong Wu. He believed that girls were far to weak to study fighting, but Kimiko had managed to prove him wrong even with her disabilities in place.
In addition to his elemental abilities and martial arts skills, he had other superhuman attributes such as:
- Aerokinesis: As the Dragon of the Wind, he can total control over wind and air, and could compose bursts of winds, spawn tornadoes, and even siphons. Can generate breezes, squalls, gusts, whirlwinds, tempests, and hurricanes
- Flight: He displayed the ability to fly using wind
- Superhuman Strength: He was also superhumanly strong, capable of breaking through stones and steel with one single kick or his bare hands
- Superhuman Speed: He could move and run to superhuman level
- Superhuman Reflexes: His reflexes are at superhuman levels
- Superhuman Agility: He possess agility beyond that of a normal human being. He can dodge attacks, swing from things easily, do back-flips and numerous other gymnastic, athletic and martial movements with little effort
- Superhuman Durability: He has proven to have superhuman durability
- Air Solidification: can manipulate pressure in the air molecules to solidify the air, with the level of solidity going from loose jello to metal-like hardness or beyond
- Density Manipulation: can manipulate the density via air molecules in both living and non-living beings
- Pressure Manipulation: can generate, shape and manipulate the pressure, application of continuous force by one body on another that it is touching, or the exertion of force upon a surface by an object, fluid, etc., in contact with it
- Aerokinetic Constructs: can create anything out of the air/wind
- Crushing: can increase air pressure
- Vibration Emission: can release bursts of compressed air molecules
- Atmospheric Adaptation: can adapt to any atmospheric evironment with ease
- Aerokinetic Combat: can use the wind/air for combat
- Razor Wind: can use the wind/air to slice objects, animals, and people
- Healing Wind: can use the wind/air to heal both himself and others
- Illusion Manipulation: by manipulating air molecules through endomorphism in order to produce any kind of image of their choice
- Aerokinetic Portal Generation: can create portals using the wind/air
- Sound Amplification: can increase the vibrations amplify in airways
- Electricity Manipulation: by manipulating atoms in the air to make necessary ionization in order to produce electricity
- Electricity Generation: by using air current friction to create static electricity
- Electrical Immunity: can use the air to insulate electricity
- Elemental Telekinesis: can control the air around objects
- Repulsion: can repel projectiles by controlling air vectors
- Jet Propulsion: can use compressed air pressure for supersonic bursts
- Combustion/Explosion Inducement: can force volatile elements to ignite via friction
- Deoxygenation: can remove the oxygen in the atmosphere
- Atomosphere Manipulation: can generate explosive and propulsive energy via nitrogen
- Air Purification: can purify air by removing hazardous molecules
- Rot/Rust Inducement: can oxidizing the target's area
- Vacuum Creation: can remove all air molecules out of the area
- Wind/Air Exoskeleton: he can create an exoskeleton made up of pure wind/air
- Master Martial Artist: He is a great Xiaolin Warrior. Although he was the last to rise to Xiaolin Apprentice, he became a Shoku Warrior, and his style seems to be in the forms of Kung Fu, Capoeira and Taekwondo
- Expert Tactician: He has shown to be a brilliant tactician capable of quickly formulating battle strategies and new plans if the situation changes, like being able to elaborate different complex plans in order to infiltrate an enemy base or defeat different enemies in difficult situations, and be victorious. Even capable of puting an T-Rex with enhanced intelect in check with all of his pieces surrounding his king despite being his first time playing chess
WeaknessesHe also had many weaknesses. He was almost constantly careless unless he seemed to feel like the world was depending on him, or if he was determined enough. He also did not like to take orders. He had also feared a jellyfish-like monster. He had eventually conquered his fear. He had also at times allowed his temper to get the better of him.he seems to have weakness to women as well which he finds them attractive After the rest of the team was promoted to the rank of Xiaolin Apprentices, he having been denied this privilege since he had ignored Master Fung's orders and come back to try to help defend the temple, he had defected to the Heylin side, aiding Wuya in regaining possession of her body. However, faced with the destruction of his friends, he recaptured Wuya in the puzzle box, and returned to the Xiaolin side. Although he was offered the rank of Xiaolin Apprentice, he refused, not believing himself to be ready.
Clay is the cowboy monk at the Temple. They seem to get on, at least more than he does with Omi, but he seems to make fun of Clay almost as much. When pulling of a double attack or the Dragon X Kumei Formation he is usually paired with Clay, possibly because they are the tallest.